Ahhh….Summertime is here!!! But how can you bring summertime into the office? Glad you asked! There are several inexpensive and easy ideas you can implement as summer employee rewards. Here’s a quick “Summertime Fun” checklist:
- Summer Casual Dress…when applicable (no clients coming in, no Board of Directors meeting, etc.), do Business Casual summer style. Allow men to wear collared golf shirts, chino pants and boat shoes. Women’s dress ideas can include capri pants, linen blouses and polo shirts. Just remember you’re at the office, no flip flops, tank tops, mini skirts, sarongs or bathing suits please!!!
- Summer BBQs… treat your employees to a BBQ, hosted by the Company. Burgers, hot dogs, watermelon, lemonade and lunch outside of course!
- Ice Cream… have the local ice cream truck swing by your office to host an impromptu ice cream party.
- Summer work schedules… can you arrange work schedules to allow for a condensed workweek? Have employees work a “4/40” (Four (4) ten (10) hour days), or a “9/80” (Work 80 hours over nine (9) days to get one day off every other week). This gives employees the chance to get a jump start on their summer weekends!
- Casual Fridays… Employees “dress down” on Fridays. To participate, employees donate a nominal $ amount ($1 -$5) to the “charity jar”. You’d be surprised how quickly the $ will add up…and it’s a win-win, employees get to dress down and the proceeds go to charity!
- Family outing…Summer company outings are a great, why not incorporate employee’s families? It’s a team building event for the company and employees also get to enjoy some R&R with their families too!
- Meetings… take them outside! How about having your next “team meeting” at the company picnic tables? Or have that “brainstorming session” with your colleague while walking around the office park? Nothing like being outside or taking a walk to get the creative juices flowing…not to mention that sunshine is FREE!!!
- Summer Escape…create a “summer escape” at the office! A quick trip to I-Party and you can find all the fixing’s to summarize the conference room…some palm trees, a fan or two, pink flamingos, sand pails, bubbles, and Jimmy Buffett on the radio can bring Summertime to any meeting!!!
- Walking club…Give employee’s the chance to get outside to walk for 30 minutes. It will reduce their stress, lower their cholesterol and increase their afternoon productivity!
We know summer is short…so we hope the above suggestions help you find ways to bring Summer to the office for a few short months! What has worked to bring “summer” to your workplace?